Starting on January 26, our beach hotels Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa and Kimpton Aluna Tulum will be offering free antigen tests* for guests whose countries require a negative COVID-19 test before flying back home.
*Minimum stay of 5 nights
The test must be done no more than 3 days prior to your departure. As a preventive measure, we also offer a $5 USD per person per night (plus taxes) plan*, which covers accomodation and meal expenses, as well as costs related to airfare changes, caused by travel extension due to COVID-19.
*$7.50 USD for guests between 70 and 74 years, per person per night (plus taxes) and $10 USD for guests 75 years and older, per person per night (plus taxes).
To our beloved Guests
A couple of weeks ago, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) released an order requiring all air passengers arriving to the US from a foreign country to get tested no more than 3 days before their flight departs and to present the negative result or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19 to the airline before boarding the flight. This Order will go into effect at 12:01am EST (5:01am GMT) on January 26, 2021. This request is similar to the one that many other countries already require for international travelers.
The passenger must present to the airline a negative test result for SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 (Qualifying Test). A test marked invalid is not acceptable.
The negative test must be a viral test conducted on a specimen collected no more than 3 calendar days preceding the flight’s departure from a foreign country.
The personal identifiers (e.g. name and date of birth) on the negative test result must match the personal identifiers on the passenger’s passport or travel document. As well as the credentials of the laboratory who performed the test.
The only viral qualifying tests accepted are NAAT (also known as PCR Test) or Antigen Test.
Alternatively, the passenger can and must present to the airline written or electronic documentation of recovery from COVID-19 after previous SARS-CoV-2 infection (Documentation of Recovery).
Following this request, Grupo Presidente is proud to inform that at our beach hotels (Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa, Kimpton Aluna Tulum and Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa) we will be providing guests, free of charge (Up to 2 persons per room. Minimum stay of 3 nights), the opportunity to have their Antigen Test done on-property, from January 23, 2021 up to when this order is lifted. Guests will have to schedule their test at least 3 days before their departure directly in Concierge or Front Desk. The results will be delivered in a print or electronic format consistent with the CDC requirements. Additional Antigen Tests will have a special price of $45 USD plus taxes. NAAT (also known as PCR test) can also be provided with a special price for our guests. Our colleagues at Beach Hotels are prepared to assist you with information from authorized and accredited suppliers to perform the COVID-19 tests (PCR and Antigen) and issue the corresponding certificates.
As a preventive measure, guests may acquire a protection during their check-in, with the intention that, if they test positive for COVID-19 during their stay, they have an isolation room for up to 2 guests per room and a maximum of 14 days. This protection has a special price of $5 USD (plus taxes)per night per person,$7.50 USD for guests between 70 and 74 years, per person per night (plus taxes) and $10 USD for guests 75 years and older, per person per night (plus taxes).
- The isolation room will have a special price of:
- $10 USD plus taxes, per night per person in European Plan Basis at Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort, Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa and Kimpton Aluna Tulum;
- In Ixtapa the special price will be of $50 USD plus taxes, per night per person in All Inclusive Plan.
- At the City Hotels there will be a discounted price of 50% from the public rate.
- The guest will have the opportunity to request to the protection service supplier the reimbursement for accommodation and food expenses caused by the trip extension due to COVID-19 from $100 USD per person per day up to $1,500 USD in total per person and up to $1,000 USD per person for the difference in fare or penalty for delayed or early return trip*.
- As an additional benefit, by booking your stay and purchasing the Travel Assistance Protection with more than 24 hours in advance through our Reservation Center offices (800-500-344-0500 in Mexico, or +1-800-344-0548 in the United States), you will be covered for non pre-existing illness (including COVID-19) for up to $10,000 USD*.
* Through the assistance company that is independent of Grupo Presidente®.
Statement on Cleaning and Safety Protocols
Grupo Presidente reiterates its promise to preserve the safety and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and collaborators. We want to thank you for your support and your loyalty.
Grupo Presidente. Todos los Derechos Reservados 2022