Room Blocks for the World Chocolate Day
Are ancient Mayan traditions truly converging with the delicious flavors of chocolate? Yes, and we are not joking. Get ready to elevate your palate to new levels of delight. Don’t miss out on the perfect opportunity to celebrate World Chocolate Day on July 7 with our room blocks! But first, let’s talk a bit about Tulum.
Tulum is a picturesque destination in Mexico, featuring a lively culture, deep-rooted Mayan traditions, delicious cuisine, and a place for spirituality. This treasure trove is located on the coastline of Mexico’s Yucatan Peninsula, a true tropical paradise. And what better way to make the most of your event than with a traditional Mayan ritual? Let us explore together Tulum’s charm and how to celebrate this delectable occasion with a cocoa ritual.
A Cocoa-Tastic Experience
Setting the Stage
Tulum is renowned for its mystical ambiance, ancient ruins, and lush jungles. It’s a place where time seems to slow down, allowing visitors to connect with their inner selves and enjoy nature’s beauty. As you plan your group trp, with friends or family, consider selecting a hotel with room blocks and comfortable amenities. The place must capture the essence of Tulum’s allure, like an open-air cenote, a beachfront location, or a tranquil garden surrounded by tropical flora. These enchanting settings will be the perfect backdrop for your vacations in Tulum. Trust us!
Embracing the Importance of Cocoa
World Chocolate Day, celebrated annually on July 7, is a perfect occasion to indulge in chocolate’s rich and velvety finishes. But rather than simply enjoying delicious treats, let’s dive deeper into its origins and honor the Mayan civilization’s sacred relationship with cocoa through a captivating cocoa ritual.
The Mayan Cocoa Ritual
The Mayans held cocoa in the highest regard, considering it a sacred gift from the gods. Their belief in the divine qualities of cocoa led to the development of intricate rituals celebrating its significance and power. Let us briefly explain how a good cocoa ceremony is performed:
- Find the Intention: Participants must set their intentions for the ceremony, focusing on gratitude, connection, and a deeper appreciation for the natural world.
- Blessing and Offering: It’s essential to embrace the Mayan tradition of offering cocoa to the gods. This can be symbolized by a ceremonial pouring of hot chocolate into a communal vessel, accompanied by prayers or blessings. Such an important act of reverence cultivates a sense of unity and respect for the sacredness of cocoa.
- Sensory Awakening: By incorporating different sensory experiences, all the senses are engaged. Participants touch and smell fresh cocoa beans, and experience as well the raw essence of this cherished ingredient.
- Guided Meditations: Participants are guided through a meditation designed to deepen their connection with cocoa and ancient deities. The ceremony’s master must encourage them to visualize the journey of cocoa, from the cacao tree to the final product.
- Art and Music: Expect shamanic music playing in the background. These sounds will enhance the experience, creating a bond between the people involved and the cultural heritage of Tulum.
- Chocolate-based Delicacies: Of course, it wouldn’t be World Chocolate Day without treating ourselves to a variety of chocolate-based treats. Enjoy a nice hot chocolate filled with tranquility, gratitude, connection, and peace.
Room Blocks for a Group Cocoa Experience
If you have already acknowledged the value of this day and you want to live the experience with family and friends, we encourage you to secure your group accommodation at Kimpton Aluna Resort Tulum’s ceremonies. Our hotel has everything you need for your group: outstanding amenities, special discounts, room blocks, perfect for group travel to keep your family and friends close and together. Plus, we also perform this one-of-a-kind ceremony that tourists cherish so much. On July 7, experience the essence of Tulum and connect with your inner self.