Cinco de Mayo in a Downtown Tulum’s Hotel
History, revolution, and an excuse to have fun, let’s taco ’bout Cinco de Mayo! This day celebrates Mexico’s victory over the French army in the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. However, this holiday is not only commemorated in Mexico but also in the US, where, over time, it has become a celebration of Mexicanness. But, while we’re on Mexican topics, why not spend an incredible time in one of the most beautiful places in Mexico? All you need this Cinco de Mayo is a good downtown Tulum’s hotel.
Attractions with a Downtown Tulum’s hotel
As a popular tourist destination on the Yucatan Peninsula’s Caribbean coast, Tulum is mainly known for its beautiful beaches, ancient Mayan ruins, and vibrant nightlife. The town is a melting pot of cultures, with many ex-pats and tourists from all over the world making it their home. It is an ideal location to celebrate Cinco de Mayo, as you will find a mix of traditional Mexican celebrations and modern party vibes.
If you are planning to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in Tulum, there are several things you can do to make the most of the holiday. Here are some ideas:
- Enjoy traditional Mexican food: No Cinco de Mayo celebration is complete without traditional Mexican food. Many restaurants and street vendors in Tulum offer delicious tacos, guacamole, and margaritas. Also, make sure to try some of the local specialties, such as cochinita pibil, tacos al pastor, ceviche, and more!
- Learn about Mexican history: Cinco de Mayo is a day to celebrate Mexican history and culture. So, why not take some time to learn about the holiday’s significance? Plus, we recommend visiting the Tulum ruins, built around the 13th century, and offering a glimpse into the ancient Mayan civilization.
- Dance the night away: In the evening, Tulum comes alive with music and dancing. Many bars have 2-for-1 cocktail promotions, and clubs in town will hold Cinco de Mayo-themed parties featuring DJs, live music, and lots of tequila. Join in the fun and dance until the early hours of the morning.
- Visit downtown Tulum. This not-to-be-missed place has a rich cultural offer: traditional Mexican food, souvenirs, clothing and accessories, postcards, etc. You can ride a bike through the streets and snap some fantastic pictures.
- Have a relaxing day on the beach: A complete visit to Tulum mandatorily requires a day on its stunning beaches. So, after a day of celebrations, take some time to relax beneath the sun and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
The Best Place to Rest
Mexico is undoubtedly the best place to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style. Stay at Kimpton Aluna Resort Tulum, the best hotel for a wellness retreat, just a 15-minute walk away. Enjoy our incredible amenities as part of your vacation and spend the best holiday ever. Don’t wait any longer—let’s guac and roll this Cinco de Mayo in Tulum!